How do you feel about the WFC (How Can We Improve and Reach Out)

thats fine we just want to know more fun and good ways we can get and engage people here.

1 Like

Nothing is needed. It’s the best of the best.

Dont know if this belongs here or not, but if one mod approves a post (especially in #real-world-aviation) then another mod shouldn’t close it automatically. Work has a team approving posts. Its not fair for the user who works hard in such posts to be approved them automatically closed.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback. Please send me a PM, and we can discuss this situation in depth.

1 Like

One thing for improvement is you guys should have more incentives for being active on the forum. In my opinion, this forum is very similar to the GAC and many users prefer to spend time on the IFC because it is a more popular forum. I really like it here, we just need more reasons to spend time on the forum. Make it unique, if you know what I’m talking about.

One of the incentives of being active here and replying with good points is that

1. You feel good about yourself
  2. You may be promoted up trust levels faster
  3. People like you. If people like you a lot then you will more often than not the person they refer to with questions

You do make a good point however as more people are coming onto the WFC it will continue to grow so people will spend more time here. Some things I recommend for people who are active on the IFC, GAC, WFC are to

1. Keep all 3 tabs open if you are on for example a Chromebook.
  2. Spend part of the day on 1 community and just rotate.

I know exactly what you mean and this community is very unique. Here are some categories/topics that make it unique.

1. Ready For Pushback Interviews.
  2. The Off-Topic Discussion.
  3. Aviation Games.
  4. Aviation Games Debating.
  5. Flight Simulators. For all different flight simulators.
  6. Private Categories. I am part of a few myself.
  7. Aesthetic Changes.
  8. A speculation thread. On the IFC it would have immediately gotten closed.
  9. World Kindness Day.
  10. Happy Veterans Day.
  11. This topic. The IFC does not have this. The WFC is allowing people to say what they like or don’t like.
  12. Happy Halloween.

All of these topics made me laugh or stand out in a big way to me. These are just personal preferences and I love getting onto the WFC and immediately having a smile brought to my face from either a PM or a topic. All of these topics are at length the best part about this entire community.

7 Likes

I do agree with many of your statements here actually haha

A couple things, we cannot promote members to regular every so often, we are not yet a large community with hundreds of members. You will see more regulars and mods be added to the team as we expand.

Aviation games are another thing! We love to have them. You do see them here, but we have to limit the appropriateness and type of game to keep them friendly and not waste too much storage on images.

6 Likes

Glad you agree. That took me 45 minutes to type :joy:

2 Likes

Just going to do a bump and let you know that the new features that had been implemented has made WFC even greater. We hope that WFC continues to go towards success!

2 Likes

Great Forum, but it needs more activity from moderators imo. The main problem is that most if not all moderators are from the US, so maybe let’s have moderators from different timezones! I love this place either way <3

1 Like

I see your point. We know about this issue and it is being worked on but as the current size of the forum is relativity small we dont need a huge moderation team. For future mods Zac is already considering people from different timezones to keep a slight balance. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have @Jennifer23, who is from Australia for our overseas mod.

@Hardlanding_Hussain @USA_ATC

1 Like

All the mods are from tiemzones between PST and EST, except @Jennifer23

Im aware LOL I just didnt want to say her loc like that publicly but ya. Sry Jen LOL

Though it is on here Bio.

I love the WFC its probably on par with the GAC which is one of the best.

While we appreciate your feedback, it’s not necessary to compare the WFC to other forums. Forums like the GAC offer things we don’t, just as we offer things they don’t. It’s not a competition, nor do we want it to become one. Thanks!

5 Likes

Yesss, no comparison

I agree with Zack we are an independent forum we don’t have any affiliation with other forums. We should also not compare us to the IFC. As said many times the IFC is completely different and focuses on other things. We as a team are trying to make things as diverse compared to others forums to standout in our own way. We appreciate the feedback everyone.

4 Likes

Bump…

Yes